DerivSource-Webinar on Collateral Efficiency
At the webinar on 28 April, 10 a.m. ET, 3 p.m. BST and 4 p.m. CET, a panel of industry experts will discuss practical strategies for achieving collateral efficiency including the use of tools to improve collateral optimization, mobility and velocity. Attendees will gain insight into emerging best practices surrounding the use of market-available tools and services such as cross-margining, netting and more.
The panel will discuss:
- What is the current market outlook for regulatory reform and the impact on collateral and capital management?
- What is the long-term impact of increased collateral demand on OTC derivatives volume and use?
- How do regulatory requirements put pressure on both supply and demand of high quality collateral?
- How are firms optimizing collateral for securities lending, repo, ETD and OTC derivatives?
- What is collateral mobility? How does it improve a firm’s ability to access and transport collateral efficiently?
- What is collateral velocity and why is this important to overall efficiency?
- What are the key challenges for both buy side firms and sell side firms?
- How can a buy-side firm improve efficiency through the use of services such as cross margining, portfolio margining and netting and what are the advantages and disadvantages of these services?
- How should market utilities such as CCPs and service providers improve their services to support greater collateral efficiency among all market participants including their buy side clients?
Speakers include David Brown, Technical Derivative Operations Manager at Royal London Asset Management, Matthias Graulich, Chief Client Officer and Member of the Executive Board, Eurex Clearing as well as Tobias Wuergler, Principal, Oliver Wyman and further leading industry experts.