Compliance monitoring and management
Compliance with new government regulations poses significant challenges and involves substantial efforts. This is especially true for enterprises, which rely on legacy systems for their mission-critical processes. These systems were often developed 10 or 20 years ago and do not typically have the controls required by recently enacted regulations. Exacerbating this problem, most organizations do not have the knowledge or personnel to embed new controls into their legacy applications. As a result, these systems typically cause operational and non-compliance risks.
Bottomline's compliance monitoring and management solution is unique in its ability to generate a central detailed audit trail and other types of controls across heterogeneous platforms (including legacy applications) with no need to install anything on the host or clients, and without changing a single line of application code.
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX) requires executives and auditors of publicly traded companies to validate the accuracy and integrity of their financial reporting. Section 404 of the act requires that companies create and maintain effective internal controls to track financial processes. In order to comply with section 404, effective controls need to be built for all these systems and processes. This Intellinx-based solution provides unparalleled visibility into the interaction of all organization employees with the internal business applications. Every screen viewed and every keystroke made by end-users is recorded and analyzed in real-time, creating a full audit trail of end-user access to the internal corporate systems.
- The solution provides banks and other financial institutions a unique solution for reducing operational risks as defined by the Basel II accord, by mitigating internal fraud and monitoring business disruptions and system failures.
- Hospitals can benefit from unparalleled visibility into the interaction of all organization employees with the internal applications. Every screen viewed and every keystroke made by end-users is recorded and analyzed in real-time. As required by the HIPAA Security Rule, the solution creates a full audit trail of end-user access to protected health information including queries that normally do not leave any traces; all this with no need to install software on the host or clients and with no performance impact.
- Graham-Leach Bliley provides standards for the generation and collection of audit trails and logs which must be collected and retained for subsequent review, as well as investigation and incident response. Bottomline's compliance monitoring and management solution solves this issue by providing a detailed field-level audit trail including read-access tracking across multiple applications and platforms without changing a single line of existing code, with no need to install software on hosts or clients, and with zero overhead.
All Bottomline Cyber Fraud and Risk Management solutions incorporate Intellinx technology and use a common platform to capture, normalize, analyze, and act. With this platform all data is captured, normalized, encrypted, and signed—making it easy to analyze suspicious behavior over time and across applications, analyze and prevent new types of fraud, ensure compliance, and provide legally admissible forensic evidence. A common user interface for all types of fraud and compliance analysis maximizes productivity of network operators and fraud investigators. Learn more about the Bottomline Cyber Fraud and Risk Management platform.
- Enhance compliance by recording all employee and user activity in operational systems without changing a single line of application code.
- Receive real-time alerts for fraudulent behavior based on a library of anti-fraud rules from customer implementations.
- Replay user activity screen-by-screen and see human interactions.
- Resolve incidents and alerts with Enterprise Case Management workflow and SAR (suspicious activity reports).